Teachers Join In
Every day, we get messages from teachers in schools all over the world who've just been told about us, or have stumbled upon The Home Library by accident. They're all delighted with our bookplates. We know you have little time in a school day to do even more than you are doing already. However, if you feel a burst of energy coming on and a spare few minutes, why not try one of these ideas:
- take time out to download and freely photocopy bookplates from this website for children without access to a computer or printer at home let them choose their favourites;
- establish an occasional "book-plating" session during school lunch times - children may want to colour in and decorate some of the black and white plates, a perfect wet break activity;
- inaugurate a Home Library notice board: young readers post information about their latest good buy, recommend places to find good second-hand books, pin up reviews, list their top ten favourite books and so on;
- set up a "book swap" scheme so that well-loved favourites can change hands;
- and, for a bit of fun, run a competition to see who finds the best book for the lowest price.
We know some of you have ideas about the words you want on your bookplates: we can't provide a service to personalise your plates, but we have added a page of plates for books that are donated to your library.